Shout out to Pinterest, where I stole the idea for this from. Not bragging, but I kicked it up a notch or two by making it more flavorful so I am here to share my quickest dessert yet. Oh, and PS, not ONLY is it dessert friendly, but I have most definitely served this for brunch with coffee and a side of bacon or eggs or something else savory. So essentially this is a brunch and dessert recipe that takes literally NO culinary skills at all. And did I mention it takes 4-5 ingredients? So no long grocery list on this one. You literally can recite it!
- 1 can of crescent rolls (not flavored so don’t go grabbing the garlic butter ones, although they are delish and will be used in a plethora of other recipes for this blog. For now, just grab the plain stuff and heck save a penny or two and buy the generic brand vs. Pillsbury, no one knows or cares)
- 1 box of blueberries (measuring wise say about 1/2 cup since you won’t use the whole box. Also don’t get crafty and use strawberries, I may or may not have done so and ended up ruining this recipe. Apparently strawberries have too much water content and they turned this recipe into mush! I mean it looked like I vomited on the pan, mush. Maybe raspberries would work, but just follow directions. Don’t be a maverick and just do the blueberries).
- 1 lemon (Zest only needed, zest means grate peel, not talking down to ya just sayin’).
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (you can do the block, tub or whipped kind not sure it makes any kind of difference).
- 3tbsp of Brown sugar or regular sugar (I prefer the brown because of the molasses-like flavor, but regular is totally fine).
- Pinch of cinnamon to taste (leave out or add an extra pinch based on what makes your toes curl).
Take a bowl add the cream cheese, the zest of half of the lemon (2tsp or so), 3 tablespoons of the sugar, and that pinch or 2 of cinnamon and mix. Unroll dough into four rectangles, fat ends to each other, skinny ends out. (Think star shape) Firmly press perforations together to seal. (See picture because I am describing this terribly).
Smooth cream cheese mixture on to center of the star (within 1/2 inch of edges) and top w the blue berries, then bring opposite corners of rectangles together; press together to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes and you have a dessert, brunch side, or coffee snack that is home made, that is delish and took only 15 damn minutes.
Happy eating, XO.