Jess and I got to celebrate new years together, it was such a blast-check out some of our photos on @Damndelish‘s Instagram page. Anyway, my boyfriend had requested I make crab dip as one of the appetizers. First of all, I was appalled he requested something (ok I know I should be touched that he loves my cooking enough to be more excited for my dip than the platter of shrimp cocktail I picked up from DiBruno Brothers, however getting back to my true emotion of initial annoyance-how dare he not request something from our amazing apps section on the blog?!) We have a plethora of yummy party foods and he choses something I have never even attempted making before? What’s so wrong with my crab stuffed mushroom caps that you need a crab dip? (ha I know what you are all thinking, BBC-bitches be cray!) and perhaps I was being cray, but I went hunting for ideas to please the man nonetheless and it came out fab! Below are the deets on the Dip-aliciousness. (that’s right I’m no longer mad at him and am creating words because it was so yummy)
- 1/2 lb. of jumbo lump crab meat (free of shells, also I have said this before, perhaps in the crab cake post, but PLEASE do not use imitation crab or claw meat or any other BULLSHIT. Great recipes start with quality ingredients, k thanks rant over.)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (feel free to do a savory flavored one to amp this recipe up, but plain works as well)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp. minced green onions (use both green & white, don’t discriminate)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of old bay seasoning (PS I did 1 tsp.)
- Optional: I sprinkled some shredded Mexican cheese as a layer on top
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, bake the dip after combining all ingredients (gently, by hand, you don’t want to break up crab to un-tasteable pieces) for 35-40 minutes until golden on top. Serve hot with brioche toast, crackers, or veggies.
Oh also cool your jets kids, OUR BIRTHDAYS ARE TOMORROWWW!!! Best. Day. Ever.
Happy Eating, XO.