I can’t even begin to tell you how much fun I am having researching Super bowl snack ideas. I wanted to be different, fancy, yet still healthy. I’d rather waste my caloric intake on beers vs. food for a change. I have a pot luck party to go to so why not show off a little instead of bringing the blasé, typical healthy option of veggies and dip?! This recipe is just as good for you, I mean 5 mushrooms are only 79 calories!!! AND as if you needed more convincing, it takes 10 whole minutes to throw together. How much more fab can these get? Comment below on your thoughts, twists, ideas.
- 20 large white button or cremini mushrooms with the stems pulled out
- 3 oz. lump crab meat (I upped it to 4 oz. because I ADORE crab).
- 1 stick low-fat string cheese (shred through the garlic press)
- 1/4 cup plain chobani yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese (you can use low-fat or fat-free but I refuse to)
- 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp. of tony cacere’s (no salt since the seasoning already has salt).
- pinch of dried parsley flakes (again I love the freshness a little green adds to a dish).
Mix all ingredients well and pop off the stems to the mushrooms. Fill caps and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 min or until tops are crisped brown.
Happy Eating, XO.