“Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!” I know you know this song, and if you’re having warmer weather like we are, I’m sure you’re feeling pretty damn happy about it!
We had our first neighborhood BBQ this weekend and it felt so good to be cooking outside. (Technically, in a room without a roof. Ha!). To get in to the summery spirit, I made some Thai iced tea. I tried this tea a couple months ago and haven’t been able to get it out of my head. Honestly guys, it’s f*king amazing. It’s an iced tea game changer for sure.
Makes enough for a pitcher.
- 6-7 bags of black tea (add more if you like it stronger)
- 1 gallon pitcher of water
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk (or half and half if you want it thicker)
- 2 tsp star anise
- 1/2 cup ground tumeric (more or less depending on what you like)**
- 4 tbsp cardamom (be sure you take out the little black seeds)**
Combine all ingredients and serve over ice.
Happy Drinking, XO.