Even if you are not a football fan (gasp! are there such people still in the world?) I am sure you are doing something for the big game. (Super bowl is THIS Sunday kids, get with the program). I am also sure of the fact that we could all lay off the nachos, wings, pizzas, etc. that come along with watching the game. (Plus after 17 weeks of it, I think I have had my fill of hot sauce induced Sunday eats). However, since snacking is a must, but calorie overload doesn’t have to be. Here is an easy, quick, and healthy recipe for the game day munchies.
- 1 can of the refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
- 40 slices turkey pepperoni
- 4 pieces of Weight Watchers mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- garlic powder (I added a dash of dried oregano because I like the freshness the little green specks add).
- low fat marinara or pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles. Place 5 slices of turkey pepperoni on each crescent roll. Top pepperoni with string cheese half and roll up. Sprinkle crescent rolls with garlic powder & a pinch of the dried oregano. Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a side of warm sauce.
Happy Eating, XO.
Pingback: Football Food | Damn, I Can Make That!