These Italian horns = no cooking AND fancy looking. No long winded speech here on how good, easy, or quick they are.
In a bowl mix together:
- 1 cup of Ricotta cheese (feel free to use the full fat one vs. the skim milk one since it will be a creamier texture & better tasting)
- 1 jar of store bought olive tapenade (This is my short cut to the original recipe. They actually had you buying and chopping all those ingredients. Um no, open and pour. You’re welcome. Oh and shameless plug, but Trader Joe’s has the tastiest & cheapest. Feel free to use green or black, although the original recipe does call for the black olive)
- Pinch of red chili flakes & black pepper (NO more salt because the olives & prosciutto are salty enough)
- 1 tsp of minced garlic (I won’t suggest more than this because the tapenade already has a slight garlicky flavor)
- Pinch of dried parsley flakes (this is strictly for presentation, so don’t be scared to leave it out)
Then spread a thin (I’m not kidding when I say thin layer, the 1st few times these got to be so messy because I over did it on the cheese mixture) layer of the mixture on a slice of prosciutto and lay a breadstick & celery stick next to each other and roll. Repeat and serve cold. (For a carb friendly version, replace the breadstick with roasted asparagus spears-just note not to roast for longer than 5 minutes so it doesn’t lose its crunch).
Happy eating, XO.