We get it. You don’t want to waste time in the kitchen on Christmas morning when you’ve just unwrapped a new iPhone 6 or a new hover board. (I’m talking to you, Santa.) These donuts will be done in minutes and are perfect for bites in between setting up the new background on your phone…
- 1 can biscuits (I prefer Pillsbury but really anything will do. You know we’re not picky).
- 4-5 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cut each of the biscuits into fours and place them in the hot oil. You’ll notice that they’ll start to brown almost immediately. After roughly 1 minutes, using tongs, flip them over to cook on the other side. Once browned on all sides, place them on a paper towel to soak up the extra oil. Let cool for 1 minute. Pour the sugar in a bowl, and roll in the donuts to coat them.
You can get creative here and add some cinnamon, or brown sugar to the coating sugar.
Happy Eating, XO.
Dust off the crockpot guys, this is a Northerner’s solution to the Southern classic.
- 4 frozen chicken breasts (I love this, I always forget to defrost my meats and then am stressed out that I don’t have food to make, this can go straight from freezer to crockpot, no defrosting needed)
- 1-2 cups of the mirepoix mix (See its used for things other than the meatloaf recipe. p/s I added some frozen corn too because I love it and can’t put it enough recipes, Id say 1/2-1 cup)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (if you’re like my sister and hate mushrooms, just use another can of chicken soup)
- 1 can biscuits (I usually just dice up 4-5 biscuits into small pieces since they expand when cooking, but shit use the whole can if you want, I don’t judge)
- 1 can of low sodium chicken broth (you can use water instead, but I like the flavor of broth)
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper (all to taste, no measurements, just eyeball it. I also add a dash of hot sauce to this as well)
Layer the chicken and seasoning at the bottom of the pot. Then toss in the veggie mix and soups. Stir and let cook on HIGH for 6 hrs, yes for that long, remember how the chicken is frozen, remember how undercooked chicken is deathly. However, at about 5 to 5.5 hours in, add the chopped up biscuits (take the biscuit and cut into quarters) throw on top & re-cover with lid for the remaining 30-45 minutes. Yup, total time on high for 6 hrs. take a nap, clean, watch a movie, do whatever you want for those 6 hrs 🙂
Happy Eating, XO.