Now that the weather is getting cooler and I no long need to worry about squeezing in to a bathing suit, I gladly welcome the season of comfort food! I kicked it off recently with a crock pot recipe from my Aunt Cindy. Super simple ingredients and super easy to make. I usually throw it together a few minutes before leaving for work and come home to the house smelling like moms cooking! Dust off your crock pot and let’s get going.
- 1 family size package beef cubes
- 1 can family size mushroom soup (Any brand you want works. I tend to go with whatever’s on sale/cheapest)
- 1 envelope of Lipton beefy onion mix (I highly suggest keeping this in your kitchen at all times. It’s gotten me out of a jam many a times.)
- 1/4 cup flour (if you want thicker gravy, feel free to add more)
- 1 medium can of mushrooms
- 1 bag extra wide egg noodles
With the exception of the noodles, put everything in the crock pot. I suggest cooking it on low for 8-10 hours to get the meat the most tender and flavorful, but for those who need something a little quicker use the high setting for 4-5 hours. When you’re ready, boil the noodles and viola! You have a tasty, comfy meal.
Happy eating, XO.