So two summers ago, Jess & I went to Splish Splash (this water park in Long Island) with our significant others. Since we were going to be there all day and since amusement park food is always over priced and over fatty (I mean we were going to be in our bathing suits all days guys, no funnel cakes for us!) We decided to pack healthy and affordable lunches for the boys and us to eat mid-day. We did some sandwiches and salads and this salad was by far the biggest hit. Not only was it filling, but it was so easy to pack in little Tupperware containers with spoons.
- 1/2 a bottle of Trader Joe’s Hummus Salad dressing (I bet the greek goddess one would work too, I don’t see why not)
- 1 medium red onion diced small
- 1 bag of orzo (15 oz.)
- 1 cucumber diced small
- 1 tomato diced (I just halved cherry tomatoes, about a cup)
- 1/4 cup of olive tapenade (or just chopped black olives)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- pinch of black pepper & salt to taste (I added a pinch of chili flakes too because I like spicy everything).
Boil the orzo per the packet instructions and drain well. Mix in the remaining ingredients and chill for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Happy Eating, XO.