Salad Palette pleasers: crunch, sour, sweet, spice, creamy, filling. All of these elements in one dish? By the way, this isn’t even a dish per se. It’s a fantastic salad that I have served at every single barbecue I’ve ever hosted. Yes, I know it’s not summer. I see the snow on the ground, BUT we all need to eat more salads and veggies. Especially since 75% of us will be making the cliche lose weight/get healthy new years resolution in less than a month. So, you can thank me once your taste buds do a lil dance while eating this “boring old salad”. Oh and its gluten-free so you know that’s a fad these days and so this salad is also now chic.
- 1 avocado, diced (creamy & the binder)
- 1 cup of corn (defrost in the microwave, starch/filling)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (crunchy a tad sweet)
- 1 lemon or lime (juice only no zest for the tart)
- 1/2-1 tbsp. tony’s (the Cajun spice, same one used in the salmon Omega 3 recipe…re use of ingredients is kind of the theme here if you haven’t quite caught on! Oh Hi! check out our Instagram to see what the container looks like. Adjust based on taste preference/saltiness)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- A pinch of dried parsley
Mix and serve cold.
Happy Eating, XO.
Sounds delish girls!!! I will definitely make this! Especially since I’m one of the trendy people who have jumped on the gluten free bandwagon 😉
Thanks Caitlin! Would love to hear what you think once you make it.