Before you panic at the “long” ingredient list realize it is all things you most likely already have in your pantry & fridge. Its a quick week night meal that you can bake while you change, set the table, throw in some laundry… Or maybe that’s just my game plan for tonight. Anyway, you gotta eat so might as well bake this up and give your taste buds something different than grocery store rotisserie chicken. Although trust me I am not hating, only appreciating how much our age bracket eats that stuff.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard (so very optional, I just like the tang)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash, any flavor
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (more if you like heat, or even a tsp of sriracha would be good)
- pinch of dried parsley flakes
Spoon each chicken breast with the mixture. Make a foil tent for each breast. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min. For the last 5 minutes take out of foil, baste with juices and broil on low. (I did it on high and started charring the tops of the chicken-not a good look)
My friend made a great suggestion of serving the chicken with the pan juices although I thought the chicken was moist enough without making my plate messy with extra sauce. I am also nuts on plate presentation though so I’m probably wrong here on the taste scale.